Hey folks! Running another event in my favourite second city so thought I’d post it here too! This is from our event listing on another site:
We believe that topics around skills that require emotional labour should be spoken about more, so we created You Got This and we’re back for a second year.
It’s an affordable one day conference for early-career developers to talk about the non-technical skills needed for a happy, healthy work life.
Our talks this time include:
- Knowing when to walk away from a job when it’s no longer exciting and enjoyable.
- Finding mentors, even when you don’t know where to start
- Unionising the tech trade
- Company culture and it’s impact on performance reviews
- Making your work visible in your organisation
- The dangers of unconditional job love
- Levelling up developers in your company
- Investing in your future
- Making the most of your first 100 days in a new job
Sound good? Tickets are £50 + VAT, and we still have free tickets available via our inclusion programme for folks from underrepresented groups in tech.
This event isn’t just for students - it’s for career-changers, existing juniors looking to skill up, and managers to get insight into how they can better support their teams.
If you have any questions just reply or message me - I check this forum regularly It’s January 18th at Millennium Point. Details are at 2020.yougotthis.io