birmingham.io

Something with the Marvel Character API

I’m looking for people interested in working on something with the Marvel Character API. As a web developer, my first thought is that of a web-app, but I’m open to other platforms.

I will admit that, right now, I have no idea what this something will be, I just know that it’s screaming out to be used for something.

This far I’ve had the following ideas:

• Hot or not (between different characters)
  • Who would win in a fight (between different characters)
  • Top Trumps (I don’t know that enough data exists for this, but it’s an idea)

But they’re all kinda lame.

Anyway, are you interested in working on something? And if so, what do you think it should be?

+1 for top trumps. Although the others would be cool too.

This is a bit boring I know, but I’d LOVE to be able to create my own indie interactive game/comic, using the character API and ‘embellishing’ on the stories I know and love. I’m a big comic book fan, and to be able to put my own spin on things would be great.

For example, I’d create a story where Wolverine was able to de-magnetize himself, so Magneto wouldn’t be able to take adamantium out of him again… :smile:

As awesome as that sounds, I’m not sure how it would use the API :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it would be useful as a reference within the app. I guess the kid inside me wasn’t thinking about how it would actually work… :slight_smile:

can you actually get the documentation to load up, the website is absolutely terrible nothing works!!

The documentation looks OK to me. What problems are you having with it?

its up and running again I was getting a load of javascript errors which meant the documentation wasnt even showing up!!!

Proudly sponsored by Bytemark