Pre-conference meetup venue?

(Dave Evans) #1

I’m thinking of having a pre-conference informal meet in a pub on the evening of Friday 29th June - suggested venues so far are BrewDog or Wellington - any preference or other suggestions welcome.

All welcome. You don’t have to be coming to the day (https://www.meetup.com/altnetbrum/events/250647134/) we’re just going to be talking about tech in general. Please let me know what you think.

(Stuart Langridge) #2

Brewdog’s a bit small, perhaps? Depends how many people you’re expecting, but somewhere like the Victoria or the new Head of Steam, or Jailbird, are a bit bigger perhaps…

(Dave Evans) #3

Not been to the Head of Steam. Any good?

(Andy Wootton) #4

Would you have enough to fill the upstairs room at The Welly? Or at The Victoria, which I’m more confident is free. In both cases people might have to go downstairs for drinks.

(Stuart Langridge) #5

Depends what you’re looking for. I think I’d describe it thus: it is to a Wetherspoons what Original Patty Men is to Five Guys.

(Dave Evans) #6

Thanks @woo and @sil It’s just 2 people at the moment :slight_smile: , going to add it to Meetup and see who comes along.

(Andy Wootton) #7

I’ve just realised the venue is in Digbeth. If the bar in the Custard Factory is open, that’s got a nice vibe, if you don’t want a huge range of real ale or the beer shop opposite. I haven’t been there but it seems to attract reasonable people.