*Packt are looking for developers for a focus group*

(Kerry George) #1

Are you a developer or interested in developing your tech skills to remain relevant in your industry? Are you interested in reviewing a new product called Mapt, powered by Packt and helping us to shape it to meet users needs?

Mapt is an online learning platform for professional developers to develop their tech skills to ensure they remain relevant in the industry and are able to chart their learning journey towards their professional goals: https://www.packtpub.com/mapt

If you’re interested, then I’m looking for 6-8 participants to review the product and then participate in a focus group at Packt, where we aim to help developers put software to work in new ways.

We launched Mapt in July 2016 and are working hard on the design, development and content experience of the product and are keen to work really closely with developers as we do this to ensure that we are meeting user/market needs.

There we be interesting conversations, free pizza, refreshments and a free ebook of your choice from Packt!

Details-
When: Wednesday 2nd November 2016, 5.30-7.30pm
Where: Packt, Livery Place, 35 Livery St, Birmingham B3 2PB
What should you bring: Your laptop to access the product in the session

Please RSVP to Kerry George at kerryg@packtpub.com by Monday 24th October 5pm if you’re interested so I can set you up with access to the product ahead of the focus group.

Look forward to hearing from you!

(Daniel Hollands) #2

Hey @kerryngeorge, welcome to the community. Why not tell us a bit more about yourself: #introductions.

The focus group sounds interesting - I’m not sure my plans for the 2nd November just yet, but I am interested in having a play with the Mapt software, so if I can make it, I will.

(Jon) #3

Might be worth adding some info about it to tempt people along. What does it do? :slight_smile:

(FWIW a previous Packt event I came to was very good!)

(Kerry George) #4

Hey @LimeBlast, great to meet you! I’m Kerry and I work as a Product Manager at Packt, leading on our customer insight work amongst other things. We’re very excited about what Mapt can offer and want to make it a great experience/product for devs to use to chart their skills development.

Brill, keep me posted on if you can make it, would be great to have you there!

Kerry

(Kerry George) #5

Hi @halfer I’ve now added some further around the Mapt offering in the original post! This event will be just as good, so let me know if you’re interested in being involved :slight_smile:

(Kerry George) #6

Hi there!

Just an update about the focus group that we are planning to run at Packt. We are now running this focus group on the following date so it does not clash with the Silicon Canal Tech Awards.
When: Tuesday 1st November 2016, 5.30-7.30pm
Where: Packt, Livery Place, 35 Livery St, Birmingham B3 2PB
What should you bring: Your laptop to access the product in the session

We still have 2-4 places left so do let me know if you are interested in reviewing Mapt and then coming along to a focus group to discuss your thoughts about the experience. If you are interested, please let me know and I can set you up with access to Mapt and share further information with you about the session agenda.

Thanks again!

Kerry