Ottitia - My Very Basic MVP

(Daveyon Mayne) #61

The only way around that is to display n contractors and the client chooses who they want. Not sure I want to go that route. But your request is something to look into.

(Steve Jalim) #62

From experience, as the client, that’s exactly the route I want when am spending £XX,XXX - I want the ultimate decision about who knocks holes in my home.

You might find that becomes a sticking point - have you asked your test users / real life people which they prefer?

(Daveyon Mayne) #63

Not what they prefer. Just general use of the website and its process. Hmmmm it makes sense when I ask myself that question.

(Steve Jalim) #64

Which way makes sense, dude?

(Daveyon Mayne) #65

@stevejalim To let the client choose one of the three nearest contractors. :wink:

(Daveyon Mayne) #66

I think to display three contractors is ok. Tradesmen hate to complete so I settled for three; maybe four later but I hope you meant this? @stevejalim

This part is a tiny bit tricky but I got it with React.

(Daveyon Mayne) #67

Been making a complete change to the website looks and model. It made sense to really change it. The process is very simple:

1: Select tradesmen/man for the job
2: Fill out job details
3: Tradesmen can place a bit or decline (they would place a bid
4: You review bids and add to your shortlist who should come to visit for a final quote
5: Award job
6: Tradesman creates stage payment
7: Tradesman request their money after that section of the job is completed.

And once all stages are completed, tradesman marks job completed, view invoice…all is well.

Getting both client and tradesman to agree on this process was very difficult.

This website has two views for almost every web pages so this took me days/nights. Hoping to make changes to production by end of month.

First stage:

Tradesman’s bid view:

Client stage payment request view:

Tradesman’s stage view:

Regarding the direct debit, I have decided to use Stripe. Yep, too much issues with the DD route.