NHS Hack Day @ Birmingham University - Weds 18th & Thurs 19th July 2018

(Marcus Baw) #1

TL;DR: Come to NHS Hack Day in Brum. Or, share this tweet with dev colleagues. Or, both!

Hi to the Birmingham.io community!

This is my first post here but I’m an old hand in the NHS Hack Day community, which is a non-profit, hugely pro-open-source grass roots health hacking community which runs regular events all around the country. This is the first time we’ve ever run an NHS Hack Day in Birmingham though, so we’re very excited to be coming to Brum!

If you like the NHS, and you like tech, you should totally come.

Where: Birmingham University campus
When: Weds 18th and Thurs 19th July 2018
Cost: free
Tickets: link below in the onebox ↴

More Information about NHS Hack Days generally: here (we have another one in London on 30th June / 1st July)

We always try to reach out to the local developer community, as we need people to come and help clinicians and patient solve problems with tech, and generally Make NHS IT Less Bad. Whether you’re a user researcher, any kind of coder, front end dev, designer, or any other tech professional, you’ll be able to spend two days helping to make the NHS better, improve people’s lives, and solve problems.

You also get to learn a lot about how NHS tech infrastructure works, also make contacts and meet interested/interesting people, and generally network with a bunch of passionate people all giving their time to solve NHS problems.

It would be great if you could share this topic with any colleagues and friends you think might be interested in coming along We even have a ready made Tweet you can RT if that’s easier.

Thanks

Marcus Baw
GP and NHS Hack Day team member

PS: congratulations on having an awesome Discourse.org forum here BTW - I run a number of Discourse forums for the Health IT and NHS CCIO communities and am a massive fan of Discourse.