Looking for: Used 27 inch Monitor

(Daveyon Mayne) #1

Is there anyone/company looking to upgrade and got a used 27" LED Monitor they wanna exchange for cash? I’m on a tight budget and in need of one. Option B would be a 24". Budget is under £200/250. Can collect with cash. Let me know.

(Richard Cunningham) #2

The Leamington Spa CEX had a Asus PB278Q yesterday for £170. I can’t find it on their website, so you might need to ring to see if they still have it.

(Daveyon Mayne) #3

Thanks. I shall phone when they’re open.

(Marc Cooper) #4

I’ve got a 24" here you are welcome to for free, or a tenner, or coffee and cake – seem to remember it’s your round :slight_smile: Acer x243hq.

(Daveyon Mayne) #5

Bummer! Ive already bought one but thanks much. I bought this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B071W5TXX4/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

(Daveyon Mayne) #6

Sadly, I’ll have to return this monitor. It wont work with my Macbook Pro; seems to be an issue with the resolution no matter if I reduce it. Also, when it stays on for that 2 seconds, the texts look nasty. I’ll just have to save for a retina monitor aka a 4K monitor. Saw one for £370.

As Im new to the external monitor thing, any recommendations for one that works well with retina display laptops? I love pixels.

(Marc Cooper) #7

I got a Dell U2715H a year or so back. Love it with my MBP. It’s not 4k, but nor is it noticeably inferior to the retina (to my eyes), so easy to switch back and forth. I have the screen above the laptop screen still on its stand.

(Daveyon Mayne) #8

That one was on my list! Need to save a bit more for it hahaha

(Tom English) #9

Still looking to get rid of it? :slight_smile:

I’ve had a similar issue with mine once using a VGA adapter. Plugging the monitor into the adapter then plugging the adapter in cured it.

(Daveyon Mayne) #10

I’m going to get an IPS monitor or a 4K

(Marc Cooper) #11

Sure. It’s just sitting here gathering dust. Well, it’s in its box.

(Tom English) #12

How much you after for it, and where abouts are you located please? :slight_smile:

(Marc Cooper) #13

Price? Depends where it’s going. I’d give it to a school or similar. Otherwise, a tenner is fine.

Location? I’m out in the sticks: Ledbury. I’m not currently coming into Brum.

I might be able to ask a favour of @stevejalim to pass it on in Malvern, which is a bit closer (Hi, Steve. You’re the best!) Or we can figure something out.

(Tom English) #14

Tenner is fine by me :slight_smile:

I’m in Telford, I do travel down to Hereford sometimes so might be able to incorporate it into that but I’m not down that way until November some time. I am travelling to Banbury on the 28th, I know Lebury isn’t quite on route, but it’s not a million miles out the way to swing by as I could cut across the A422 to Worcester. If you’re happy to wait a week or two I’ll take it off your hands please.

(Marc Cooper) #15

Will DM you