I work as a Product Manager at Arrowvale Electronics who are a hardware electronics SME within the rail industry. We are currently looking for a Junior Product Manager to help support the business in our growth period.
Its a very interesting position since its newly created with plenty of opportunity going forward, we are looking at new products and market paths going forward.
You would be joining a fun and growing team with plenty of opportunity to make a change and help shape the future of the company. We are looking for someone with a positive can–do attitude, who is dedicated to personal growth, and in return, you’ll be helped to develop your skills with training and support to reach your career goals.
This role of Junior Product Manager is an ideal opportunity if you are looking to make a difference and an immediate impact, in an exciting and challenging environment. Perfect for an individual who is technically astute who enjoys marketing and looking for a career with plenty of opportunity.
Using your entrepreneurial aptitude, with ‘out of the box’ thinking, technical and creative skills, the Junior Product Manager will be helping to maximise innovation, and growth of the business. The Junior Product Manager will be engaged in supporting product management, technical analysis, development of value propositions, and executing marketing campaigns. The role is cross functional between technical analysis and marketing, which involves the full marketing mix with, with plenty of opportunity to influence, set the direction and grow within product and marketing department.
- Assists to execute, shape and provide input into strategic business plans
- Works under the direction of the product manager to help reach the company’s product/marketing goals and objectives
- Analyse technical documentation and help collect/review relevant information
- Support with NPD / NPI plans including research, execution and review
- Research market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and other relevant information
- Delivers reports on research findings through written documents and verbal presentations
- Create and manage content that educates and attracts a qualified audience (including blog posts, whitepapers, case studies, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Assist in the development of the marketing brochures and datasheets
- Support with website content, blogs and liaising with third party developers
- Provides fact–checking, copy–editing, and formatting assistance during the creation of mailers, website content, and other promotional materials
- Manages annual events and exhibitions
- Working collaboratively with internal and external 3rd parties including engineers, sales professionals, and external influencers / industry
- Manages PR, email and advertising campaigns
Skills and Experience
- Must have an engineering background. Engineering qualification (HNC or HND or Degree or apprenticeship)
- 1–2 years’ experience of product / marketing, with a relevant marketing/business qualification or similar
- Be a creative thinker, with an ability to use data to influence decisions
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and impeccable writing and editing skills
- Have the ability to challenge the status quo and bring idea’s forward
- Willing to present and talk to customers as and when required
- Rail industry experience
- Obtained a qualification from the Charted Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Experience working in the technology sector within product/ marketing
- Proficiency in web analytics software and keyword tools
- Skills using a photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign would be ideal, but not essential
- Have an understanding of the importance of marketing and sales to a growing business, and how the two disciplines integrate
Arrowvale Electronics is a well–established privately–owned expert in the design and manufacture of monitoring and recording equipment for the rail industry. Due to business demand and continuous success, we are looking to recruit a motivated Junior Product Manager who can add dynamism to its newly formed product and marketing department.
You can find our how to apply here: http://bit.ly/2yKUo2o
Or get in touch with me.
We also have other technical related roles here: