Salary: £27k - £30k
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
We are looking for a Node.js developer with strong backend experience to join our forward thinking and exciting agency. We are searching for a candidate who is looking to grow and constantly learn and apply new technologies.
Our central goal is to deliver high quality projects that both our clients and developers can be proud of. Our environment is supportive and friendly and we use a range of progressive open source technologies to fulfil a wide range of client briefs. The ideal candidate will have a firm foundation in backend web application development with a thirst for keeping up-to-date with modern technologies and platforms.
This doesn’t reflect every single technology we use, but provides a good overview of the core requirements. A self-motivated willingness to learn is a vital quality for this role.
- Commonly used Node.js testing frameworks such as Mocha
- MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Git-based workflow and deployment
- Able to follow high-level instructions and work in a small team with other developers and front enders
- The core role is focused on backend development but some full stack experience would be helpful:
- Angular 2-4 with TypeScript
- HTML + SCSS
- Some rails experience
The role is primarily focused on development and improving the backend for a single, innovative product targeted at the hospitality industry.
- Consuming and providing REST-style API services
- Creating and debugging reliable, unit-tested code
- Understanding and being involved in requirements gathering
- Exercising creativity and initiative in developing elegant solutions to problems
- Working together with our bearded but friendly lead developer and team of back and frontenders
- Using a high degree of freedom to select the best libraries and techniques to achieve project goals
- Deploying to Linux environments
UP Hotel Agency, The Old Telephone Exchange,
Albert Street, Rugby, England, CV21 2SA
+44(0) 203 507 0097
We like to start off with a brief friendly chat on the phone. If we’re a good match for each other, the next stage is a face to face meeting at our office. Finally a quick practical: creating a simple demo application (or a guided tour through your github repos together if possible).