[Looking for staff] (Leamington Spa) PHP Web Developer

(Rob Ferrer) #1

Presto Music is an industry-leading online global retailer selling recorded music (physical and digital) and sheet music. To keep pace with the rapidly changing recorded music industry, and changes in e-commerce, we are looking to expand our in-house web development team.

We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic PHP Web Developer for our in-house team to work on our current website, online presence and back-office systems.

The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of web development. Although the emphasis is on back-end, a knowledge of front-end technologies would be advantageous. You should be able to work in a team, and be able to work independently. Attention to detail is vital.

You should be equally comfortable with object oriented (OO) code as procedural. We are open to adopting new methods and technology (where appropriate) and like fresh ideas.

A good understanding of MySQL databases is desirable, and you should be comfortable writing efficient queries as well as manipulating complex data.

Required skills: PHP5+; MySQL; HTML; CSS; experience of a PHP framework; version control systems (eg Git)

Experience in the following will be advantageous, but not essential: PHP7; SASS; HTML5; CSS3; Symfony; Twig or other templating engine; PHPUnit; JQuery; Elasticsearch; Linux; Vagrant; Ansible; Ajax; MS Access; VBA

Salary: dependent on experience £22-30k

Benefits: Company pension

To apply: Please email your CV and covering letter, including details of your current or most recent salary, to Graham Southern at graham.southern@prestoclassical.co.uk (or ask me for more info)

(Daniel Hollands) #2

You’re based in Park Street, right? I used to work down the other end of the road for Ghost Design (I think they’ve since moved to new offices).

(Rob Ferrer) #3

Yes, we’re in Park Street. Lovely central location.

Our despatch dept is about to move out to a new warehouse, but IT is remaining in the town centre (and hopefully into newly refurbished offices once despatch have vacated).

It does look like Ghost have moved a bit further out now.

(Rob Ferrer) #5

@halfer Sorry, I thought I had posted it there. I was possibly looking at the Jobs category and assumed that’s where it would post a new thread!