An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Jump 24 as a Web Developer at our Birmingham office. Jump 24 is a specialist design and development studio in the heart of Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter. We develop brilliant web applications with our clients who range from global digital agencies to entrepreneurial startups and everything in-between.
About the team
Here at Jump 24 we focus on the design, build and optimisation of digital products and services. we are a young dynamic development studio based in the heart of Birmingham. Our small but perfectly formed team of ~10, specialise in building high quality web applications and occasionally websites for clients according to their individual needs. We’re a developer led company and the clients that we have require us to be involved from the very beginning from the ideation to the scoping and design. We’ve never had to market our services, all of our customers come through recommendation and there is no project too big or to small that we cannot lend our expertise too.
About the role
Now in our next round of growth, at Jump 24 we are searching for a full stack developer, leaning towards Backend development, which will require the candidate to think in terms of basic features all the way up to entire platforms.
Our Backend tool of choice is Laravel/Lumen, but we have a number of current projects that are built with different technology. So having experience with these frameworks is a must as well as not being worried about learning something new.
We write code that is testable, that can be reused, and that enables us to create development environments that can be used in tackling other projects in the future. And the role we have, will stretch across the entire spectrum of a project’s life - from managing a full project individually to adding simple functionality.
Given how broad the role can be, below we have laid out some of the programs and tools we believe are essential to have experience in / around, and some of the responsibilities you will undertake as a successful candidate.
- Breaking projects down into tasks and provide estimates and requirements (using Jira with Agile sprints / Kanban flows)
- Speaking and maintaining relationships with clients, to go through previous / current / upcoming work
- Designing and maintaining large-scale projects
- Configuring servers
- Creating and undertaking deployment flows
- Configuring multiple layers of caching
- Explaining complex technical concepts and ideas to clients and non-technical users in easy to understand ways
- Able to work as part of a team or individually depending on what the project requires
- Plan your own time whilst aligning other with other business timelines and tasks
- Know how to debug code and help others to debug
- Able to document the functionality of systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in creating systems from the ground up
- Experience maintaining codebases
- Experience balancing client needs and expectations against technical requirements
- Evidencible experience of PSR-2 coding standards
- Minor and major application feature deployment
- Experience in framework and infrastructure upgrades
- Experience with build tooling (webpack, gulp, grunt)
- Experience of testing using PHPUnit (and ideally Jasmine / Mocha / Jest too)
- You have Docker knowledge
- Understanding of PHPStorm
- Have a knowledge of common security risks and how to protect against them
- AWS Infrastructure
- Strong ES6 and front end skills
- Full LAMP / LNMP / MEAN stack knowledge
- TDD / BDD experience
- Memcached / Redis / caching solution experience
- Laravel 4 / 5.4+
- Experience with backend Node.js technologies
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Knowledge of automated testing
- Knowledge of manual testing practices
There are numerous reasons as to why you would want to become a member of Jump 24, alongside receiving a Apple Macbook Pro you will also get 20 days + public holidays, either a Netflix or Spotify subscription plus the chance of getting a bicycle on the Cycle to Work scheme.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
Please send the latest copy of your CV along with some details of your recent work, salary expectations and why you would like to work with us at Jump to email@example.com