Connect is an established, fully integrated advertising & marketing agency with over 130 people across three UK locations. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands to create and deliver a wide range of digital marketing, brand development and creative communications for our clients.
We are an agency built on the founding principle that we can be famous for combining technology and creativity to produce outrageously good results. We deal with some exciting clients, and are always looking to better the already high expectations placed upon us.
You are a passionate Front-end developer, commercially experienced, have a desire and the drive to produce the very best work possible and pragmatic enough to know that deadlines aren't just a suggestion so you make sure things get done on time too. You are a perfectionist, won't shy away from contributing new ideas and opinions and work well within a busy and thriving development team to produce amazing work every time.
What you’ll be doing day to day?
• Front-end UI Development for client projects.
o Semantic HTML5
o CSS using SASS framework along with Compass and/or Bourbon helper libraries.
o Front-end build tools such as Grunt.
o TDD and automated testing/linting of code.
• Collaborate with creative digital designers to plan and implement responsive mobile and web applications.
• Working in an Agile team to allow development of small, incremental released and rapid iteration.
• Estimation of tasks for a wide range of projects.
What type of projects will I be working on?
• Range of projects from main brand websites with huge amounts of multi-lingual content, through to smaller one-off projects such as marketing micro-sites
• General Client Websites.
• Working within the digital creative team to deliver a wide range of web-based projects ranging from one-page marketing microsites to full-scale content managed websites for global brands.
What development - software, code and frameworks will I be using / working with?
o jQuery / jQuery Plugins / Custom jQuery Plugins
o Custom JS libraries and frameworks.
o Sass / Compass / Bourbon / Bootstrap/ CSS grid systems
o Semantic HTML5
o HTML5 features such as canvas and media elements.
o Browser APIs including geo-location support, local storage and web sockets.
o Thymeleaf templating language (for integrating front-end html with back-end Java applications)
o Liquid templating language (for integrating front-end html with back-end .Net applications)
• Build Tools
o Grunt/ Gulp/ Code linting/ CSS autoprefixing/ Test runners
• Version Control
o SVN/ Git
• Operating Systems
o Primarily OS X
We will help you find your own clear path for career progression, natural growth and personal development. We’ll also offer you an extremely competitive salary package and some nice benefits including;
• Healthcare plan
• Contributory Pension
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Childcare Vouchers
How to Apply
You can email me confidentially with a copy of your most recent CV at email@example.com or you can give me a call on 07753 498130.