Junior Web Developer
Jewellery Quarter Bullion are seeking a Junior Web Developer to bolster our growing development team as we continue to improve our systems and expand our reach internationally.
Salary: £25k - £30k + bonus (up to 30%)
As a result of our ongoing international expansion we are looking for a motivated Junior Web Developer to join our team of talented and friendly developers. You will report to the Head of Software Development and work closely with other team members to develop, review, and maintain functionality across our various websites and APIs. This role will provide you with the opportunity to learn new skills, hone your existing ones, and will open the gates to an interesting and rewarding career.
- Developing and maintaining our bespoke e-commerce websites and APIs.
- Working closely with other team members to produce high-quality features.
- Working to improve your skills and sharing them with other team members.
What we’re looking for
- Skills in coding HTML and CSS (we use Sass).
- Skills in coding a server-side programming language, and a desire to learn Python.
- Examples of your code (links to websites or code repositories).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- A relevant degree or similar qualification.
- Exposure to a web framework like Django or Rails.
- Exposure to Linux / Unix.
- Foreign languages.
- Employee bonus scheme.
- Mobile phone and contract.
- Work from home up to two days per week.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit, and biscuits.
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more).
- Casual dress code.
- Opportunities and budget for skills development.
- An opt-in social atmosphere with regular football, board games, and quiz nights.
Jewellery Quarter Bullion is the UK’s number one online bullion dealer, based near to New Street Station in Birmingham. Following the success of our market-leading brands BullionByPost and Gold.co.uk – with sales of over £100m per annum – we are underway with our international expansion, having launched several new sites in the last 12 months. With nearly a decade of experience in the bullion industry we have begun to apply our expertise to the online jewellery market. We have recently launched the websites thefinejewellerycompany.com and thejewellers.com, offering a unique mix of antique and modern jewellery backed by a highly-skilled team of qualified gemmologists.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com
Please use Subject: ‘AA Junior Web Developer’
with your CV, covering letter, and portfolio of work.
Note: our company policy is not to accept applications from recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us.