Full Stack Web Developer
Jewellery Quarter Bullion are seeking a Full Stack Web Developer to bolster our growing development team as we continue to improve our systems and expand our reach internationally.
Salary: £30k - £35k + bonus (up to 30%)
As a result of our ongoing international expansion we are looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer to join our team of talented and friendly developers. You will report to the Head of Software Development and work closely with other team members to develop, review, and maintain functionality across our various websites and APIs. You will play a role in guiding forward an already successful and expanding company, with the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time.
- Developing and maintaining our bespoke e-commerce websites and APIs.
- Working closely with other team members to produce high-quality features.
- Working to improve your skills and sharing them with other team members.
- Helping to specify, plan, and estimate web-based solutions.
What we’re looking for
- At least two years commercial software development experience.
- Experience coding a server-side programming language, and a desire to learn Python.
- A portfolio of recent work (links to websites or code repositories).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with a web framework like Django or Rails.
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration.
- Unix system administration or DevOps skills.
- Foreign languages.
- Employee bonus scheme.
- Mobile phone and contract.
- Work from home up to two days per week.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit, and biscuits.
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more).
- Casual dress code.
- Opportunities and budget for skills development.
- An opt-in social atmosphere with regular football, board games, and quiz nights.
Jewellery Quarter Bullion is the UK’s number one online bullion dealer, based near to New Street Station in Birmingham. Following the success of our market-leading brands BullionByPost and Gold.co.uk – with sales of over £100m per annum – we are underway with our international expansion, having launched several new sites in the last 12 months. With nearly a decade of experience in the bullion industry we have begun to apply our expertise to the online jewellery market. We have recently launched the websites thefinejewellerycompany.com and thejewellers.com, offering a unique mix of antique and modern jewellery backed by a highly-skilled team of qualified gemologists.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com
Please use Subject: ‘AA Full Stack Web Developer’
with your CV, covering letter, and portfolio of work.
Note: our company policy is not to accept applications from recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us.