[Looking for staff] [Birmingham] Full Stack JS Developer position at Nimvelo

(Josh Farrant) #1

Hey all :wave:!

I’m one of the developers at Nimvelo, and we’ve just started looking for a new developer to join our team.

We’re looking for a developer who’s confident writing JavaScript to help us build products that make our customers more productive. Almost all of our products are built with React, so some experience with that would be ideal. We’re in the process of getting to know TypeScript too, so if you have experience with TypeScript, Flow, or any other static type checker then that would be a bonus. Not to worry if not, it’s something we’ve only adopted in the last few months and we’ve found it fairly easy to pick up, especially if you’re already confident in working with JavaScript. A strong foundation of HTML and CSS are a must too. If you’ve got experience working with Node.js - awesome!

The successful candidate will join myself and our other full-stack developer in improving our existing products, and helping us build our next big product, Keero. Being a third of our development team means that you will have a big impact on the look and feel of our products, as well as a lot of autonomy to solve problems in whatever way you feel is best. We’re looking for someone who’s really willing to take ownership of their work, and who has the confidence to trust their judgement and take ideas and run with them.

We’re located in Faraday Wharf (right next to Aston Uni), so we’re quite central and easy to get to. If you’re a coffee drinker, you’ll be pleased to know we’ve got a coffee machine that makes a mean espresso and, if you need a break, we’ve got a pool table and a few of our favourite card games (Exploding Kittens being the office favourite) that we’ll generally have a few games of a day. Alongside that, we all get together once a month to share some pizza or burritos, and once or twice a year we’ll have a relaxed afternoon out in town doing something like an escape room, then going for a drink and a bite to eat.

I’m clearly biased, but I genuinely think that this is a great opportunity for the right person. The autonomy you’ll have, alongside the support of the rest of the team, means that the right candidate will really be able to develop their skills, learn with us, and shape what the future of our products look like.

If you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to let me know! You can find up-to-date information on the role (and instructions on how to apply) on our website here.