Front End Web Developer
Jewellery Quarter Bullion are seeking an experienced Front End Developer to lead us in creating modern multi-platform e-commerce experiences with a keen focus on UX design.
Salary: £30k - £40k + bonus (up to 30%)
As a result of our ongoing international expansion, and our diversification into the jewellery industry, we are looking for a Front End Developer who can take responsibility for our websites’ user interfaces from design to implementation. As an online business we have been successful largely due to our expertise in online marketing, customer service, and bespoke software development. In order to further strengthen our position we are looking to improve our skills in branding, design, and user experience. Our aim is to provide our customers with great-looking and easy-to-use e-commerce experiences across all of their devices.
You will be part of a talented team of full-stack developers reporting directly to the Head of Software Development and working closely with the marketing and jewellery teams on various projects. You will play a role in guiding forward an already successful and growing company, with the opportunity to take on more responsibility over time and the possibility of earning a leadership position.
- Working closely with our development and marketing teams to design attractive UIs that work across a range of devices.
- Building semantic and highly usable functionality for our customers.
- Defining and championing brand guidelines across our websites.
- Optimising websites for greater speed, UX, and accessibility.
- Guiding changes aimed at improving conversion.
- Helping to specify, plan, and estimate web-based solutions.
What we’re looking for
- At least three years experience as a Front End Developer.
- Strong design skills.
- A passion for delivering quality user experiences.
- A portfolio of your recent work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience building e-commerce systems.
- Experience working with a web framework (we use Django).
- Experience using build tools and continuous integration.
- Experience using version control (we use git).
- Experience working with Magento.
- Foreign languages.
- Employee bonus scheme.
- Mobile phone and contract.
- Work from home up to two days per week.
- Free coffee, tea, fruit, and biscuits.
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more).
- Casual dress code.
- Opportunities and budget for skills development.
- An opt-in social atmosphere with regular football, board games, and quiz nights.
Jewellery Quarter Bullion is the UK’s number one online bullion dealer, based near to New Street Station in Birmingham. Following the success of our market-leading brands BullionByPost and Gold.co.uk – with sales of over £100m per annum – we are underway with our international expansion, having launched several new sites in the last 12 months. With nearly a decade of experience in the bullion industry we have begun to apply our expertise to the online jewellery market. We have recently launched the websites thefinejewellerycompany.com and thejewellers.com, offering a unique mix of antique and modern jewellery backed by a highly-skilled team of qualified gemologists.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com
Please use Subject: ‘AA Front End Web Developer’
with your CV, covering letter, and portfolio of work.
Note: our company policy is not to accept applications from recruitment agencies, so please don’t contact us.