birmingham.io

Looking for partner on collaborative interactive fiction project

Are you experienced in online marketing and promotion? Looking for a fun project to work on? Read on…

The Project

I’ve got this idea for a collaborative interactive fiction project (called Unknown Tales, for which I have a domain and social media accounts, etc…) that has been brewing in the back of my head for a couple of years now.

The concept of Unknown Tales is simple enough - it takes the interactive fiction format as pioneered by the likes of Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone in their Fighting Fantasy line of books, and enhances it with collaborative features that lets the reader make direct input to the story by adding their own content.

The end result of this collaborative effort is a multi-dimensional story written by the community which is different each time it’s read.

In the initial stages it’ll web-based (using Laravel 4 and Angular.js), but I have plans for apps and other goodies as time goes on.

It’s actually a project which I’ve built lite versions of in the past (one of which was for my Independent Study at University), and as such know exactly how it’s going to work - but it’s not until now that I’ve felt confident enough in my own skills to do it the justice it deserves and make something really good of it…

…which is why I’m looking for help.

What I’m looking for

I’m able to handle most of the development side of things without too much trouble - what I’m lacking is knowledge and ability in marketing and promotion - which is why I’m looking for a partner who can deal with that side of things. To my mind this would involve everything from SEO and analytics to social media and creating a community, but as I’m looking for a partner to work with, the format this promotion takes would be up to you - after all, you’ll be the expert.

Does that sound like something you’d be interested in being part of? If so, reply below, send me an email, a tweet, or letter via carrier pigeon, and we can have a chat about the project.

Thank you.

I just copied a link to this to a guy called Joe who is doing a PhD in Sheffield about automated fiction. I know him mainly as a guitarist.

1 Like

Proudly sponsored by Bytemark