Looking for developers and designers to interview

(Pedro Morales) #1

Hey guys,

As part of my final year dissertation I’m looking at how designers and developers look at the concepts of familiarity and innovation when producing functionality and UIs. In order to do this, I’d like to interview some people in the tech scene to get some direct opinions on how related they are when creating a product.

So yeah, would be awesome if some of you people would like to have a 30 minute chat through skype (really informal) about your views about innovation, and how you are coping with it in order to keep things familiar towards the audience (or if you aren’t, or whatever your point of view may be).

Again, it’s going to be really informal and completely anonymous. I won’t share any names and will keep any particular information about projects very vague in order to keep them as anonymous as possible.

(Stuart Langridge) #2

Sounds interesting! Drop me a note if you want to chat.

(Daniel Hollands) #3

Sign me up. :unicorn:

(Andrew Porter) #4

I’ll join in if you need me. Would have to be on hangouts however.

(Marc Cooper) #5

Always happy to gabber away about tech, innovation, and stuff.

(Pedro Morales) #6

Alright! Sent you all a private message so that you can send me your skype account names or whatever your prefered call program is.

Thanks loads for the help!

(Marc Cooper) #7

Had an interesting chat with Pedro today. Well, I banged on and on about tech and he listened and asked thought-provoking questions. If you can spare some time, and like talking tech, I’m sure he’d appreciate it.

I think I persuaded him to try ruby too :slight_smile:

(Daniel Hollands) #8

I had my chat with him last night - I think I spent far yoo long complaining about designers not knowing what design is :sweat_smile:

Oohhh, I didn’t even think of that :smiling_imp:

(Marc Cooper) #9

He told me he only knows Javascript, so it was the responsible thing to do :smile:

(Pedro Morales) #10

Some great interviews so far to be honest, I’ve found a lot of very interesting information for my dissertation. Thanks @auxbuss and @LimeBlast for the input!

I actually may try to work with python, instead of Ruby as I already know HTML and CSS and would like to try a completely different thing. :smiley:

What Is Ruby?
(Steve Jalim) #11

@fyx If you need more people to chat to, I’m up for it too

(Daniel Hollands) #12

4 posts were split to a new topic: What Ruby Is

What Is Ruby?
(Ben Paddock) #13

Same here. _________

(Pedro Morales) #14

I very well might, just need to check in with my dissertation tutor to know how I’m doing. Will post if I’m good to go or will bother you guys if I need more!