Looking for coding partners for Google Code Jam

(Sean Michael Tulloch) #1

Hi all,

My name is Sean, and I’m looking for coding partners to take part in the Google Code Jam 2017.

Details below:

If you would like to part in the Google Code Jam with me, please message me

(Daniel Hollands) #2

Hi @earthsmt16, welcome to the community.

Where are you based, and what exactly would you be looking at doing for the code jam?

(Sean Michael Tulloch) #3

Hi Daniel, I’m based in Birmingham.

Google Jam Code is a coding competition that consists of a set of algorithmic problems (given to us) which must be solved in a fixed amount of time. Any programming language can be used to obtain the solutions.

(Sean Michael Tulloch) #4

Would you be up for it, @LimeBlast? Where are you based?

(Daniel Hollands) #5

It’s not really my thing if I’m honest, @earthsmt16, but I figured I’d probe for more information for anyone else that might have an interest.

What language would you be keen on using to solve the issues? There are a range of meetup groups for different languages, so depending on what you’d prefer to use, we might be able to direct you at some interested parties.

(Andy Wootton) #6

I’m not capable of assisting but I’d been thinking that it would be hard to operate as a team without a compatible set of tools under your belt, if the algorithms get translated into code, so that seems very relevant to the ‘requirements’ for team members.

(Sean Michael Tulloch) #7

@LimeBlast As I code primarily in PHP, Python and JavaScript, I would be looking to code in one of these in the Google Jam Code Challenge. Team members who would know one of these languages would be great!

Not sure if this is relevant, but I did a Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics and have plenty of experience coding algorithms and optimising them to get the best performance.