Learn more about CSS with A-Z CSS

(Michael Brett) #1

I recently attended a focus group and mentioned a great learning resource that I wanted to share here. I forgot all about it, until just now when I was clearing out my inbox.

A-Z CSS - 26 bite sized videos, each explaining an alphabetically themed CSS topic.

If you’ve seen these before, you know they’re good. If you haven’t heard of it, check them out!

(Daniel Hollands) #2

I heard of these videos a couple of weeks ago, but at the time thought to myself “the alphabet? that’s a bit of an arbitrary method of structure for this” and moved on with my day without even looking at the site (because I’m an idiot).

But your post here as promoted me to take another look (pfft, don’t you mean ‘the first look’), and I can see that while there are a bunch of CSS things I know (or at least think I know) I see there are also plenty that I don’t.

I’ve not watched any of them yet (I’m still only half way though the What The Flexbox videos), but I shall add them to my list. :smile:

(Andy Wootton) #3

I used to work with a guy who said “soup to nuts” occasionally. It never seemed to matter that I didn’t have a clue what it meant but today I saw it somewhere and looked it up. It means A-Z. It’s the traditional order of meal courses, in some hell hole that serves nuts as pudding.

Should that have gone under ‘random’?

(Daniel Hollands) #4

I’ve got a feeling that’s an Americanism, because I’ve only ever heard it in American tutorial videos.

Possibly :smile: