It's the Brum tech scene Christmas/New Year pub crawl, 2018!

(Stuart Langridge) #1

So! Every year there is a bit of a get together between Christmas and New Year. It takes the form of a very loose set of visits to various pubs around Birmingham over the course of a day, and you can join in and leave whenever you want: some people drop in for an hour, others for the whole afternoon and evening, and either is fine. I’m still planning the route, but here is where you get a chance to influence the day on which it happens, and where it should be. This poll is on the brumtech Slack too, but you can vote in either, that’s fine. You can vote for more than one option!

• 1: Friday 28th December in the city centre
  • 2: Saturday 29th December in the city centre
  • 3: Friday 28th December in the Jewellery Quarter
  • 4: Saturday 29th December in the Jewellery Quarter

0 voters

(Andy Wootton) #2

I see there’s an (S?)Brum LUG at the Indian Brewery too. I’ve been looking for a good excuse to go there.

(Alex Willmer) #3

Indeed, anyone fancy a curry? On Tuesday 18th, 19:30 https://www.meetup.com/account/comm/Birmingham-Linux-Meetup/

(Stuart Langridge) #4

OK, decision made, based on votes here and Slack.

The Brum tech scene Christmas Pub Crawl will be on Saturday 29th December, in the Jewellery Quarter. I’ll update this thread in time with some sort of rota as to where everyone will be at given times; again, you should feel free to arrive whenever you want, and leave whenever you want; stop in for one drink mid-afternoon, or a few in the evening, or go the duration from beginning to end; drink a coffee or a beer as you please; bring friends, or family members, or come to meet others; it’s all good. See you all on the 29th!