birmingham.io

Home Office Equipment

There’s no real point to this post, other than to talk about some of the bits I’ve ordered for my home office over the past couple of days.

The first, and most important thing, was the Code Keyboard. I’ve had my eye on this for a while, so I’m glad that I should, soon, be receiving it.

Next on the list was a new chair. I’m currently sat on a dining chair, which is fine for a couple of days, but seeing as I’ll be sat at the desk for up to 8 hours a day, I needed something better.

I very nearly went for a £170 ergonomic one from Staples (or one very similar to it from eBuyer), but decided to go for the £99 Eliza Tinsley instead. This was mainly so I could afford the third thing on my list…

…a new desk:

I have an old L shape desk which has served me well for the past 15 years or so, but it’s time I got a new one.

The main benefit of the one I got is that I’ll be able to sit in the middle of it, directly in front of my iMac monitor, with my two secondary monitors either side - I’ll finally have the three-monitor setup that I’ve wanted for a while.

All in all, I’ve managed to spend just shy of £390 :grimacing: - I hope it’s worth it!!

Anyway, I should have the chair and keyboard by tomorrow, and the desk at some point next week.

1 Like

Guess that desk would not touch the wall since you’d need power source for your laptop, iMac etc.

TBH, things like that don’t concern me too much - as long as something works, I don’t care what it looks like.

In any case, only one side will be touching a wall, the other side is free standing - it’s a little difficult to explain without photos (and I’m too lazy right now to take any), but when I get the desk, I’ll take some photos then :camera:

1 Like

Proudly sponsored by Bytemark