Hey! I'm Tom - Nice to meet you!

(Tom Goodman) #1

Hi,

I’m Tom, and I’m an MSci Computer Science w/ Industrial Year student at the University of Birmingham, and the president of Computer Science Society.

If I’m honest, I thought I’d already posted an introduction so I was a little surprised when I hadn’t :joy:

I just finished my 1st year (yay), so I’m heading into my 2nd year in September. It has been a really great experience, and I’m really glad that I ended up in Birmingham - I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I have experience in Java, JS, HTML, CSS, Python and OCaml, and I really enjoy picking up new languages.

Other than that, I also love gaming (and my first job was at JaGeX), and I am also a musician (Piano/Singing/Guitar mainly).

Stealing the idea from @poppie I think I’ll also shout out to a few people I know :stuck_out_tongue: @Jess for being well… Jess - @phazonoverload who is the loveliest person except Jess, and @jackweirdy for being much better than me at absolutely everything :wink:

(Daniel Hollands) #2

Hey @TauOmicronMu, welcome to the forum, it was good to meet you last night.

What’s a JaGex?

(Tom Goodman) #3

Hey!

Thanks :smile:was nice meeting everyone else too - they’re the UK’s largest independent games studio (they made RuneScape). To be honest, they’re pretty awful now.

(Ruth Mills) #4

Nice to meet you here too, Tom! waves