birmingham.io

Hello, I'm Martin and I'm a techaholic

Hi All,

I’ve been registered on this site for a while now, but since my business is ready to go I’m now ready to become a non-lurker.

I’m currently working with another start up creating virtual reality software for other businesses, an obvious one is exploring rooms for customers of new buildings and developments which is exactly what we’re doing!

I also provide hardware leasing, business automation solutions and provide after-sales support.

Some of you may have also met me at the Birmingham Entrepreneur meetup recently.

I’ll be happy to answer any questions below, if you want to contact me about any work opportunities don’t hesitate in contacting me here.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @martiuk, welcome out of the shadows.

So VR is something which I’m really keen on seeing further development. As a gamer which has recently gotten in running, seeing something like the following video amazes me, and I simply cannot wait until I can try something like it out.

I remember when VR first appeared, back in the 90s, and there was a VR rig there which you could play in - obviously this was low definition, low polygon, crappy texture models, but you could interact with the virtual environment, and that was awesome - only I never got a chance to try it, and to this day, still haven’t.

Anyway, I imagine what you’re doing is very different to what I’ve just described. I’d love to hear more about it.

1 Like

Hi @LimeBlast, yeah we’re not currently focusing on making games, though there is no reason why we couldn’t in the future.

We’re working with UE4 and the Oculus Rift at the moment; we’re also looking forward to get our hands on the HTC Vive and the Microsoft Hololens (When the FOV improves).

I really would recommend you try the Oculus Rift if you can, you’ll soon realise how far the technology has come.

1 Like

I assume you are hoping to have your addiction reinforced rather than cured @martiuk. If not, run away :smile:

Have you found all the Brum architects?

Haha, yeah I’m going to continue to be addicted!

Regarding brum architects, not yet but having a demo is a good start. (In the next few days)

Proudly sponsored by Bytemark