birmingham.io

Free online classes for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, LEDs, and more from Instructables

Since getting into the whole maker scene, I’ve been spending way too much time on the excellent Instructables site.

I’ve found it very cool and interesting to see not only the projects that people have made but also how they’ve made them. It’s also inspired the creation of my own build of a Halloween lamp (which I would have finished in time for Halloween on Monday, but the supplier of one of the required materials dragged their feet, so I didn’t… Oh well, I’m going to carry on with it as soon as I get the final part and can present it next year).

Anyway, getting to the point, Instructables have recently started a classes program, with 24 different classes available to take, covering topics as diverse as photography, breadmaking, knitting, 3D printing, and more. These are normally priced at just under $30 a pop, or you can get them for free with your Instructables Premium membership…

…but it would seem that some more recently released classes are free without needing the Premium membership.

These classes include:

• 3D Printing
  • Arduino
  • Bread
  • Canning and Preserving
  • LEDS and Lighting
  • Pasta Making
  • Raspberry Pi
  • Superhero Costumes
  • Woodworking

I don’t know if they’re free permanently or if this is a time-limited offer, but if you’re interested in any of the above, it might be worth checking out.

Proudly sponsored by Bytemark