birmingham.io

Does anyone want to do the Introducing Robotics FutureLearn course with me? (It starts on Monday)

Is anyone interested in taking the Introducing Robotics course on FutureLearn with me?

I’ll admit that I’m not entirely sure the content of the course, but it’s the first of a three-part program in robotics, running for a total of 9 weeks.

The courses are free, but if you’re so inclined, upon completion of the course you can purchase a certificate.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, get yourself signed up above, and let me know. Cheers :slight_smile:

Back just before Xmas, I completed the first leg of this program. It was simple enough, just some short video lectures on robotics and society and how they’re changing the world… fair enough.

I have a feeling the second lot, which starts next week, is going to be a touch more involved, however. I just an email from them saying:

Before the course starts, you may find it helpful to brush up on analytic geometry and linear algebra (including points, vectors, matrices, matrix-vector and matrix-matrix multiplication, and linear transformations).

Uumm, huh?

It goes on to suggest looking for courses on those subjects at Kahn Academy - which is great and all, but I’m not sure where I’d even start looking.

I’ve got a feeling I’ve, once again, bitten off more than I can chew.

I don’t think it’s as scary as it sounds https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_algebra

Points in 3D space, (x,y,z) and matrix multiplication. I think in this context, a vector is just a matrix with 1 row or column.

Proudly sponsored by Bytemark