Digital and DevOps Meetup, June 2017

(Peter Oliver) #1

Anyone know anything about the Digital and DevOps Meetup that happened yesterday? I couldn’t go, myself, because it clashed with Fusion.

The word “digital” seems to have acquired a new meaning of “like enterprise IT, but trendy”, and I think that might be the sense they’re using the word in here. They seem to have lots of short talks, which seems like a good approach if you can find enough speakers.

(Stuart Langridge) #2

Cor, not seen that. @DaveDev is on the list though – I assume he wasn’t there yesterday, obvs, but what’s the score with this meetup, Dave?

(Andy Wootton) #3

I thought DIGITAL meant ‘dead webbish’ now. Is this the big consultancies trying to be cool?

(Jim Seconde) #4

It looks like they added Digital because there is already a Birmingham DevOps group, though it appears to have gone quiet

(Andy Wootton) #5

Agile has gone organic :smiley:

(Andrew Porter) #6

I started using Salt (SaltStack) for devops a few months ago and I love it. It has completely changed the way I look at building and configuring servers - be it 1 or 100.

My on-machine build process is get bootable, install salt-minion and orchestrate now.

Would be interested talking to anyone else using Salt and sharing experiences.