Cutting down my coffee intake

(Daniel Hollands) #1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

:cry: :cry: :cry:

(Greg Robson) #2

The first few days will be the roughest!

I was listening to the Tim Ferris podcast the other day - he mentioned a good way to cut back is to drink decaff and consume measured amounts of caffeine pills! The quantity of caffeine in tea/coffee isn’t always uniform, so he figured it was easier to prescribe exact amounts using tablets!

I try to drink caffeine beyond 9pm, especially if I’m working on side projects. I normally go to bed at midnight, if I’m not careful the “3 minutes and I’m out” becomes “half an hour and OH! I could restructure the class this way! What about this as a feature? I could use X cool library… etc”

(Marc Cooper) #3

For me, one of the side effects of buying a bean-to-cup was that after a couple of doubles first thing, I found I was fine until after lunch; perhaps with a tea or green tea in between. One more coffee half an hour after lunch and I’m fine.

Course, a glass of wine at 18:00 is now oblig (つ◕౪◕)つ━☆゚.*・。゚

(Daniel Hollands) #4

I’m not cutting out coffee altogether, I am going to try and limit myself to three cups per day. I realise that for most people, three is probably quite a lot already - but those people don’t know what my regular coffee intake is like - trust me, three is much less. I’ll be replacing the gaps with tea - while, while still caffeinated, is far less so. Maybe after a while I’ll get it down to one per day :cry:

I did give up caffeine entirely at one point - that was 2 weeks of hell while trying to get over the widthdrawl systems, during which I was pretty much useless to everyone. I think I went for something like 6 months without in total, then started to reintroduce it to my life.

The ultimate goal of this is to help reduce my blood pressure, which is just a touch higher than it should be.

(Andy Wootton) #5

Really? I had low blood pressure. Sounds like I’d have been dead without coffee.

(Daniel Hollands) #6

One good thing about drinking less coffee - I guess - is that I’m buying less of it. Maybe, with my reduced consumption, I can afford to buy the really nice stuff :elephant: and not have it break the bank.