Contract roles for Senior PHP developer

(Will Parker) #1

Hi all,

I’m coming to the end of my current contract so I’m just putting some feelers out to see if anyone has heard of any companies (preferably in London) taking on web developers at the moment or even if you like me are always bombarded with job specs by recruiters if you could forwards and PHP or Angular ones to my email (wprk14@gmail.com) I’d really appreciate it.

For any recruiters on here feel free to get in touch but unfortunately despite being active on here I don’t live near Birmingham anymore so am looking for London roles.

Thanks in advance

(Steve Jalim) #2

<massive plug>

Contract roles in London, you say? No recruiter nonsense?

You should sign up for www.yunojuno.com (my current main client / I’m tech lead there) - I think you’ll like it.

</massive plug>

(Andy Wootton) #3

Some bot chucked a surprisingly well paid full-stack dev job on Cambridge Science Park at me after I mentioned Cambridge in a tweet yesterday. Can’t remember details, except £45-60K. This is why we can’t have nice things.

(Will Parker) #4

Ah I had registered for your site back in October last year but never had my account approved. Just updated my account and re-submitted it so I’ll see if there’re any briefs on there I like the look of - Thanks.

(Steve Jalim) #5

Great stuff. Will do what I can to make sure you don’t linger in the vetting/approval queue too long

(Steve Jalim) #6

@wprk Didn’t even need to pull string - relevant part of team YJ were already on it! Your account is approved.

Setting your availability is significant - it’s worth keeping it up to date as that means you’ll show up in search results for private briefs, not just the public ones on the dashboard

(Marc Cooper) #7

Is YJ still London-only, Steve?

Not looking atm, so no need to pitch for your 10% :wink:

btw, since my new client is in “town”, and I know you have to traipse up there from time to time, what’s your mode of transport and route?

(Steve Jalim) #8

London is still a core focus, yep. (And it’s def working). There are also remote gigs working on it, too. If i say any more, I’ll have to mind-blank everyone.

I take the train to London: 0719 or 0808 from MVL via Evesham into Paddington at 10:30 or 11ish, then get the 1555 back – means am in for core hours, and work on the train there and back – decent, free wifi almost the way: the future is now!

The 6:59 doesn’t look too punishing for once-a-week/fortnight trips: http://traintimes.org.uk/ledbury/london/06:08d/2016-08-30