Code Club is a nationwide network of after-school coding clubs for children. All our clubs are led by volunteers and this training is designed to give volunteers all the information they need before they start running a Code Club.
We are looking for great folks like you to inspire the next generation. We have schools and libraries across Birmingham and the West Midlands looking for volunteers to help them run their Code Clubs.
Find out about what's involved in volunteering with Code Club at our training event at the University of Birmingham on Tuesday 13th September.
Click here to book: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/code-club-volunteer-training-birmingham-tickets-26538611702
The training will cover:
- What is Code Club?
- Volunteering with Code Club
- Working effectively with schools
- An introduction to Scratch & the Code Club projects
Who is the training for?
- Adults (16+) who would like to learn some coding basics on Scratch
- Anyone who is considering running a Code Club and would like some more information before they sign up
- Anyone who has signed up as a volunteer but has not yet started running a Code Club
- You do not need to have any prior knowledge of coding to join this session.
Volunteering for Code Club will be the best thing you do this year. Guaranteed.
Refreshments will be provided.
How to get there: You can find a map, public transport information and parking details here.
Accessibility: if you have questions regarding accessibility, please let me know and I will consult with the venue
If you have any questions in advance of the session please get in touch with me - on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to book.
I look forward to meeting you there.