third year anniversary party

(Daniel Hollands) #1

To celebrate three years since its launch, we’re holding a party for the community.

The idea is a chilled afternoon in a pub garden enjoying the sun, along with a buffet, some games, and awards.

To keep things simple, this is a choice between two dates: the Sunday before, or the Sunday after, the site’s official Birthday. Use the doodle form below to let me know your availability.

Click here to vote

The venue is yet to be decided, but it’ll be somewhere within easy access of the city centre. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Also, please do vote, as it gives me an idea of numbers, which helps with the planning. Thanks.

(Daniel Hollands) #2

(Daniel Hollands) #3

It’s been just over a week, and right now with a lead of two votes, 4th June is currently winning. I’m going to leave the poll up for another week, so if you’ve not voted yet, please do so before next Sunday.

(Daniel Hollands) #4

I’ve just closed the poll, and with a difference of two votes, the date has been set for the 4th June, so mark that in your calendars.

The next task is to choose a venue, so I’ll post further updates as I have them.

(Daniel Hollands) #5

So, the closer we get to the date, the more I’m starting to realise that it’s unlikely I’ll be able to organise a party this year.

As mentioned elsewhere, I’m moving to Worcester soon, and this is taking up most of my free time, meaning I’ve not had the time needed to chat up sponsors and arrange a venue, and that’s unlikely to change.

That’s not to say I’m not going to do anything to celebrate, I’m just probably not going to do anything official - i.e. I’m probably going to find a pub with a nice garden to spend the afternoon, and if anyone wants to come join me, they’re more than welcome.

I’ll post more once I have a better idea of where I’m going to be.

(Andy Wootton) #6

I’m probably more likely to be able to make it to that than the original plan. I can’t often commit time at the weekend without causing resentment but I can occasionally slip away for an hour.